There are a number of standard tests that are typically part of our annual wellness exam:
- An review of your current medical concerns
- An update of any family or social history that may impact your health
- A comprehensive physical exam including blood pressure assessment
- Laboratory testing including cholesterol panel and blood sugar
- A review of any additional recommended tests such as mammogram and colonoscopy
Women should also consider the following screenings depending on your age and personal risk:
- Pelvic exams
- Breast exams
- Pap smears, for early detection of cervical cancer
- HPV (genital human papillomavirus) screenings
After the age of 40, men should consider annual prostate and colorectal exams for early detection of cancer.
To learn more about physical exams please call us at 214-823-4800 or request more information online.