Warmer weather and fresh air are around the corner as Spring arrives! The beginning of a new season is a great time to jump start a new fitness routine. Small steps can lead to big changes and we’re here to motivate you to start the journey.
- Get outside! Sometimes the first step is just venturing outdoors into the sunshine. Being exposed to sunlight can help increase your Vitamin D levels and can help regulate your immune system.
- Add a few more stretches or steps to each day. Begin each day with some light stretching and easy walking routines. Each week, add in an additional 15 minutes to your walk or 10 minutes to your stretching routine. After a month, you’ll be surprised how far your walks will be!
- Movement is key. Walking and jogging aren’t the only ways to get in your exercise each day. Gardening, bike rides, and hiking are just a few ideas to add in some fun to your routine. Just getting up and moving each day will not only make you feel better, but contribute to overall increased health.
- Sign up for a race. Motivate yourself with a concrete goal to work towards. Sign up for a 5k or 10k for the end of Spring to give yourself a few months to train. Make it even more exciting by enticing a friend to join you!
- Spring clean your fridge. We have some tips on how to do that here. Along with an exercise routine, a healthy eating momentum will help both your physical and mental health this Spring.